About the Community of Alamo, California
Alamo is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Contra Costa County, California. It is located in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area. As of the 2010 census, the population was 14,750.
Alamo was named by the Spanish in 1850 for the poplar trees that lined San Ramon Creek.
As an unincorporated community, Alamo does not have a government of its own. Police services are provided by the Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff. Fire and EMS services are provided by the San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District.
Andrew H. Young Park is located at the corner of Danville Blvd. & Jackson Way. This park is named in memory of Alamo resident Andrew H. Young who was instrumental in preserving the charm of Alamo.
Livorna Park is at the corner of Livorna Road & Miranda Avenue. It features a large open-air gazebo, a sand volleyball court, a multi-use sports court, playground structures, large play areas, drinking fountain, restrooms and off-street parking.
Alamo School Sports Field located at 100 Wilson Road offers soccer and baseball fields, batting cages, and a picnic and barbecue area.
Hap Magee Ranch Park is on the Alamo-Danville Border on La Gonda Way. This park has several historic structures. There are picnic facilities, children’s water play area, a large meadow with a spectacular heritage oak, dog parks and off-street parking. The park sits near the intersection of the Iron Horse Trail and the Las Trampas to Mt. Diablo Regional Trail.
Las Trampas Regional Wilderness is a 5,342-acre (21.62 km2) park located to the immediate southwest of the town. The wilderness contains numerous plant and animal communities, including forested hillsides and riparian woods. The park is also host to several secluded waterfalls, many of which are difficult to reach.
All information about Alamo, California courtesy of Wikipedia.